UK's no.1 Skip Hire Alternative
Man & Van Clearance - Cheaper & Faster Alternative to Skip Hire
over 261 reviews
Rubbish Collection in 4 Simple Steps:
- Book Your Clearance – choose a collection size (don’t worry if you get it wrong, we can easily amend on site) for your waste and collection time (am, pm or 1-hour slot)
- Team Arrive – you can track the team online as they arrive and we’ll send you text & email alerts on the way (with vehicle reg and team name & photos – so you know who to look out for). All teams carry photo ID and are DBS checked.
- Rubbish Removed – having confirmed the collection size, our teams will remove it and sweep the area clean. Before & after pictures are taken to record your waste removal, which we’ll email to you, along with a waste transfer note immediately after the team leaves.
- Recycle – we’ll take your waste to a licensed commercial recycling facility to ensure it’s disposed of responsibly. On average 94% is diverted from landfills.
What We Can Take
We can take anything you can put in a skip. All types of non-hazardous junk and bulky waste including furniture, bric-a-brac, garden refuse, general rubbish, rubble, DIY and builders waste. We can also take electrical appliances, fridges and mattresses.
Items We Cannot Take
For health & safety and regulatory reasons, our crews cannot remove the following:
- Asbestos, Biological or Medical Waste
- ‘Box’ TVs / monitors (ie. CRTs) – but flat screen TVs/monitors are OK!
- Car Batteries
- Commercial fridges, chiller cabinets, freezers or A/C units – however, we do take domestic fridges but charge a little extra to cover additional costs incurred in disposing of them
- Domestic refuse (unless bagged)
- Gas bottles or Fire extinguishers
- Oil, petrol or diesel
- Paint or paint cans (unless empty)
- Pianos or any exceptionally heavy items that cannot be lifted safely by two people
- Raw meat or raw fish (unless packaged)
- Toxic substances, noxious chemicals & solvents
- Tyres (Car, Truck, Lorry, Tractor)
Questions? See our FAQs or Call 0207 819 9000
Man & Van Rubbish Clearance
- Much Cheaper than Skip hire
- No extra cost & delay from skip licenses
- We do all the loading and sweep up
- Guaranteed next day service
- All types of rubbish & waste removed
Skip Hire is Expensive
- Twice the carbon footprint
- Skip permit fee if on road
- Labour not included
- Inflexible load size
- Don’t take appliances
Skip hire costs £240 (vs. £216 for AnyJunk)
Why waste your money hiring a skip? The average price for a 6 yard skip in the UK is £240 (before adding any extras for skip permits etc). AnyJunk costs just £216 for a 7 yard (Large) clearance. We collect from anywhere on the property, we sweep up thoroughly before we go, and we recycle 93%. We also offer next day collection.
Trusted By Leading Brands
When To Use A Skip?
We love man & van clearance – it’s cheaper, easier and better for the environment. However, we’d recommend using a skip if you are carrying out a large building project (eg. basement conversion or side extension) that will be generating lots of very heavy, loose waste like rubble and soil. But be warned – skips tend to cost significantly more than a man & van clearance. Plus, if you put a skip on your road, you will normally need to pay extra for a skip permit from your council and possibly a controlled parking zone suspension.
For more detailed information read our skip hire guide or find more info on our mini skip hire, skip sizes, and London skip hire prices pages. If you still decide that a skip is the best option, head on over to our sister site – Loveskips to order a skip anywhere in the UK.
Alternatives to Skip Hire
We also offer other rubbish collection services: