We take all non-hazardous bulky waste. Common examples include:
- Repairs /construction/ demolition / DIY waste – like kitchen and bathroom rip out, drywall, doors
- Plasterboard – but only if separately bagged
- Household junk – like boxes, books, tools, clothes, bric-a-brac
- Furniture – sofa, mattress, armchair, cupboard, filing cabinets
- Appliances – like dishwasher, washing machine, cooker, computer, flat screen TV/monitor, standing lamps, domestic fridge* (not commercial fridges/chiller cabinets)
- Garden refuse – loose branches, cut grass, leaves, soil, old pots, lawn mower, garden shed (dismantled), garden furniture
- Wood – fencing, firewood, lumber, plywood, door
- Roofing / Flooring – tiles, asphalt, carpet, wood, flooring
* man & van rubbish clearance service only
For regulatory and health & safety reasons, we CANNOT remove hazardous materials or toxic waste such as asbestos, chemicals, solvents, motor oils, petrol, diesel, gas bottles, clinical or biological waste, batteries, tyres, or paint. A full list of Prohibited Items is provided in our Booking Form. If you have hazardous waste you need to get rid of, we recommend you contact your local council for information on hazardous waste disposal in your area.
3. Free collection – do you remove ‘nice junk’ for free?
We are not a charity or a reseller of waste. We make income from charging customers to remove their waste. If you have something that you think could easily be donated or sold, then we recommend you put it to one side and only ask us to take the stuff that’s fit for the bin.
Back to top
4. Skip Hire vs. Man & Van – which service is best?
It depends. Skip hire tends to be the most suitable and cost effective if you have lots of heavy, messy waste, whereas man & van rubbish clearance tends to be best for lighter, bulkier waste. Skips take up quite a lot of room and you cannot adjust their size once they’ve been delivered. Man & van rubbish removal doesn’t require any space and the size can be adjusted on the day. Man & van also is normally available on much shorter notice. In our experience, customers who haven’t used our man & van rubbish clearance service before end up being very pleasantly surprised by how easy and cheap it ends up being compared to skip hire. More details can be found in our Rubbish Clearance guide and Skip Hire guide.
The volume photo guides in our Booking Form are there to help you choose the most appropriate Collection Size or Skip Size. If you are ordering a skip, our skip size guide provides additional guidance.
If you still can’t decide, send us some photos of your junk (using the ‘Send us a Photo’ function on the first page of our booking form) and we’ll email you back our recommended Collection Size or call us on 0207 819 9000.
Despite the country going metric years ago, the waste industry loves to describe the volume of waste in ‘cubic yards’. A cubic yard measures 1 yard (3 foot or 0.92 metres) high x 1-yard wide x 1 yard deep. It is roughly the size of two washing machines (or one domestic fridge freezer).
Waste is taken to licensed commercial recycling facilities and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner. Visit our Sustainability page for more information.
We are licensed by the Environment Agency. Our waste carrier and broker license number is CBDU128459.