Book Sofa Removal
(am, pm or 1 hr slot)
(live tracking + photo ID)
(before & after photos)
Sofa Removal in 4 Simple Steps:
- Book Your Sofa Disposal– choose a collection size (don’t worry if you get it wrong, we can easily amend on site) for your sofa and collection time (am, pm or 1-hour slot)
- Team Arrive – you can track the team online as they arrive and we’ll send you text & email alerts on the way (with vehicle reg and team name & photos – so you know who to look out for). All teams carry photo ID and are DBS checked.
- Junk Removed – having confirmed the size of the sofa(s), the team will remove it and sweep the area clean. Before & after pictures are taken to record your sofa removal, which we’ll email you, along with a waste transfer note immediately after the team leaves.
- Recycle – we’ll take your old sofa to a licensed commercial recycling facility to ensure it’s disposed of responsibly. On average 94% is diverted from landfills.
What We Can Take
As well as removing sofas, we can take any non-hazardous junk and bulky waste – including old furniture, appliances, bric-a-brac, garden waste, general rubbish, rubble and DIY and builder’s waste – from anywhere inside or outside your property.
Items We Cannot Take
For health & safety and regulatory reasons, our crews cannot remove the following:
- Asbestos, Biological or Medical Waste
- Car batteries
- Commercial fridges, chiller cabinets, freezers or A/C units – however, we do take domestic fridges but charge a little extra to cover additional costs incurred in disposing of them
- Domestic refuse (unless bagged)
- Gas bottles or Fire extinguishers
- Oil, petrol or diesel
- Paint or paint cans (unless empty)
- Pianos or any exceptionally heavy items that cannot be lifted safely by two people
- Raw meat or raw fish (unless packaged)
- Toxic substances, noxious chemicals & solvents
- Tyres (Car, Truck, Lorry, Tractor)
Questions? See our FAQs or call 0207 819 9000
- 24/7 Online booking
- Fully insured and licensed
- Guaranteed next day service
- Labour included
- Nationwide coverage
- Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot
All Waste Types Taken
- Garden refuse
- Refurbishment waste
- White goods
Sofa Removal & Disposal
We are the UK’s largest junk removal company, trusted by leading brands including DFS & Harveys for the collection and disposal of unwanted furniture and all other junk. Our fast response crews can collect any item within a day of your booking. Enter your postcode to check prices & book.
Trusted By Leading Brands
Read what our customers think
Moved the sofa quickly considering it was very awkward to remove from the property! Great service.
Brilliant service - team were friendly, no complaints about carrying my sofa down the stairs. In total the whole thing only took about 5 mins, would definitely use again.
Great team, super fast and really nice guys! Was an awkward sofa and they maneuvered it like champs.
Sofa Recycling Tips
To reduce the chance of your sofa going to landfill:
- Never cut the fire safety labels and keep all the original cushions
- If you cannot be present on collection and need to leave the sofa outside, cover it to protect it
- If you’re considering getting rid of a 3 piece suite, do it all at once. Reuse enterprises are more likely to accept a full suite than single items!
Cheap Ways to Dispose of Your Old Sofa
Use AnyJunk to get rid of your sofa when it cannot be reused. If your sofa is still in good condition, you might consider:
- Place the sofa outside your home (sunny day) with a ‘PLEASE TAKE ME’ note
- Contact a charity like the British Heart Foundation (note that the sofa must have a fire certificate)
- Take a photo and advertise it on eBay, Gumtree or FreeCycle