How to get rid of Fence Panels
If you’re doing some landscaping, or just clearing out all that rubbish in the garden shed, then you’ll need to know the best way to dispose of your fence panels.
1. Your first option is to take the panelling to your local tip. There’ll always be a section for green waste – wood, leaves, and so on, but they might not take fencing that has been treated with paint or varnish. It’s best to check this with your local council before making the trip.
Transporting all the panels can be a real effort. If you don’t have a large enough car or van to move it all, then you’ll need to try some of these other options.
2. If you don’t mind holding on to the panelling for a bit, then your council might provide a ‘bulk pick-up’ service. When your recycling is collected, the council may also be able to pick up the fences for you and deal with them appropriately.
This service will only be on certain days of the month, and most councils will charge around £30. So, again, it’s worth checking with your local council what their policy is.
3. Thinking about breaking it up and bunging it in the wheelie bin? Treated wood cannot go in the green wheelie bin, but natural or untreated wood can. Don’t over-fill it, because the lorry won’t be able to lift it.
4. Councils will not recommend burning it – the fumes from treated wood can be dangerous.
5. Or you could try somewhere like freecycle.com, a great online resource for people to advertise any recyclable stuff they want to get rid of. It’s free to use and means that your junk won’t go to landfill.
6. Hiring a skip for a job like this can be quite expensive and unnecessary. If you’re only getting rid of a few panels, it’s unlikely you’ll need a skip. If you are getting rid of a large amount of panelling, then it might be worthwhile – give our skip-hire division LoveSkips a phone on 0207 819 9009 for more help.
7. Or, of course, there’s always AnyJunk. We’d be more than happy to come and collect your fences. Just use our online booking process, or call 0207 819 9000.